Creating a note requires that you have a free YouVersion account. Here are the instructions for signing up on Android.
1) Reader: Select the verse(s) you want to make a note for.
2) Bottom of screen: Tap the drop down arrow.
3) Tap Notes.
4) Popup menu: Tap Add a Note.
5) Type your note. (Title is optional)
Note: To change the verse(s) you are referencing:
- Next to Title: Tap the black icon.
- Select the list of referenced verses.
- Make your changes, removing and/or adding verses.
6) Tap Next.
7) Select the status you want:
- Private. Only you can see this note.
- Public. Everyone can see this note.
- Draft. Only you can see this note.
Note: This setting assumes you want to work on this note before publishing.
- Publish on… Select a date when this note will become Public.
8) Tap Save Note Now.