If you feel like you have found an error in a Reading Plan, we certainly appreciate you reporting it.
Before you report the error, please collect the pertinent information… such as:
- The exact name of the Plan (author is helpful too)
- The Day Numbers involved (not the date, but the day number below the date)
- Exactly what is the error (what does it show vs. what it should show)
Here is how to REPORT THE ERROR
- On the device where you noticed the error, launch the app
- On the app’s main menu, scroll down to HELP and tap on it
- Tap on CONTACT SUPPORT
- Type the Subject as “Plan Error” (Do not delete any lines in the body of the email)
- Tap below the first line in the body of the message and enter all the details including the name of the Plan, the Day Numbers involved, as well as what the error is (what does it show vs. what it should show.)
- Do not delete any lines in the body of the email… and tap SEND.
Thank you for letting us know about this error! The way that YouVersion is able to offer so many Bible reading plans is through cooperative partnerships and agreements with generous Bible societies, publishers, churches, and organizations all over the world. The partners who provide YouVersion with the reading plans that we offer demonstrate extraordinary grace and generosity in allowing us to bring them to a worldwide audience—completely free of charge. And we are profoundly grateful for each of these relationships.
As you might imagine, there’s a lot to check in the source files for reading plans. While certainly we try to proof them for mistakes, we give priority to errors that might cause the database to crash, or that might crash the Bible App. But the truth is, the volume that we deal with is so great, we simply can’t catch every mistake by ourselves. That’s where you and the rest of the YouVersion community come in! An individual reader working one day of their reading plan is far more likely to catch an error than a computer programmer trying to sift through 10 plans, all at once. We count on you to tell us when you find a mistake.
We will add the error you reported to our list. We don’t have a specific team member dedicated to making corrections. Instead, we regularly schedule times each quarter where our whole team works our way through the list together, making adjustments. What this means is that it can take as long as 3 months before you’ll see your plan corrected.
Thank you again for helping to improve the quality of the content for everyone.
This post is also available in: Português