If things work correctly, a plan will automatically perform its completion routine when you mark the last day of the Plan as “read” :
- you should get a congratulations message
- the Plan should be removed from your My Plans list of active plans
- the Plan will be added to your list of Completed Plans, where it will stay forever (you can’t delete things from this list)
What if a plan does not complete correctly?
If you finish the last day of your plan, but it does not show up as complete, tap on the Month view button to search for any days that are not marked as complete. Days that have not been marked as complete have a small blue dot on them when in Month view. Uncheck the last day of the Plan so it is not complete. Find all the other days with a blue dot and mark them complete. Then checkoff the readings for the last day again. When you try to advance beyond that day, you should get a normal completion routine.
There are a small number of plans that don’t complete properly even when all days are marked as read. We are aware of this issue and working to resolve it for this small number of plans.
If you cannot get a Plan to complete properly, you should turn off emails and reminders then just Stop the Plan. (Please note that stopping the plan will mean that the plan will not show up in your list of completed plans, but since both you and God know that you completed the plan… this may not be a big deal.) Here are the detailed instructions for that:
- On the app’s dashboard menu, tap on PLANS
- Tap on the Plan that is being stubborn
- Go into the Plan Settings (gear icon) on that plan
- Turn emails off
- Turn reminders off
- Tap on My Plans in the upper left to return
- Go into the Plan Settings (gear icon) on that plan again
- On the Setting page, scroll down to the bottom and tap on Stop This Plan
- Tap again to confirm
If you REALLY WANT to have a stubborn Plan on your Completed Plans list:
- Stop this plan
- Start the same plan again
- Step thru the plan day by day and check off all passages again