Currently there are few options for organizing your bookmarks. They always appear in order from newest to oldest … based on the timestamp when they were created or last edited. If you have many bookmarks, it can be hard to find things in the list.
However, if you use Labels and assign them consistently you can view relevant subsets of your Bookmarks rather than the whole long list.
EDITING BOOKMARKS TO IMPROVE CONSISTENCY
After you have created several Bookmarks you may find that you want to go back and edit them to make Titles and especially Labels consistent.
To Edit bookmarks within the app:
- Tap the menu button in the top left of the screen and hit “Bookmarks”.
- Tap the blue circle with a “>” inside it to edit the bookmark you want to modify.
- Now you can modify the color, title, and label of the bookmark you have selected.
- Tap Save to save your changes.
To edit bookmarks via the website at www.bible.com or www.youversion.com, do the following:
- Display your bookmarks by clicking on the Bookmark icon in the left panel after you have logged in
- To Edit a bookmarks, hover over one of them in the list and click Edit
- Make the desired changes and click the UPDATE button
If you have made changes to labels, you will want to view the subset list for those labels:
- click on the Bookmark icon in the left panel
- then choose one of the Labels to see all the bookmarks with that label
- you may need to do further edits to get all the labels consistent
This post is also available in: Português