Many times the app will open to right where you left it. However, you cannot count on this to occur.
There are two common techniques often used by those who want to ensure that they read through the Bible methodically.
1. USE A DAILY READING PLAN
Click PLANS on the main menu to find those. There you can choose various reading plans to help you read through the whole Bible in an organized fashion in a specified timeframe.
2. USE BOOKMARKS TO RETURN TO WHERE YOU LEFT OFF READING
Here is an approach to use a “temporary” bookmark every time you stop your reading, similar to a bookmark in a paper Bible.
When you are ready to stop reading:
- tap on the verse that you want to start with next time
- tap on the curved arrow icon
- tap on Bookmark
- type in a short Title like “LO” or “Left Off” (no Label, no color)
- tap SAVE
When you are ready to return to where you left off:
- on the app’s main menu tap on Bookmarks (Or tap on the ribbon icon if it is visible at the bottom of a Bible page)
- choose the “Left Off” bookmark nearest to the top, and continue reading
- you can delete any of the old “Left Off ” bookmarks by swiping a finger across the entry in the list and tapping on the popup DELETE button.
This post is also available in: Português