Audio uses a lot of the resources of your device and the network… more than any other function of the app. Therefore, you may run into snags as you use it. We hope you will be patient with it and with us as we work to improve it.
Audio will not work reliably in a moving vehicle. If you go thru “bad cell” areas while playing audio, the app is likely to “get stuck.”
If either your 3G or WiFi signal is weak, it will cause snags. If the WiFi is weak, but 3G is strong, and you are on an unlimited data plan, you may want to turn off WiFi and see if the audio is more stable.
The more you do other things with your phone while audio is playing, the more likely you will have snags. For that reason, and because audio always starts playing on verse 1 of a chapter, we do not recommend that you use audio with your reading plans.
If audio will not start, or the speaker icon is missing when you know it should be there, you may have to reset the app and its data connection. You can do that by powering your device off/on. Or you can use the “quick reset” procedure below:
A “quick reset” (also called a Force Close) of the app can do wonders…. and it can’t hurt anything.
To do a “quick reset” go to the screen on your device where you see all the app icons and:
- Open the bible app …. then close it by tapping once on the main button (the button below the display)
- Now press the main button on the device TWICE quickly (like a mouse double click)
- A row of recently used apps should slide up at the bottom (Holy Bible should be first in the list)
- When you find the Holy Bible icon, touch and HOLD on it until all the apps in this row “jiggle.”
- Tap the red circle with a minus sign in it on the upper left corner of the Bible app icon
- Press the main button again once to stop the icons from jiggling
- Press the main button one last time to hide the list of recently used apps
Now reopen the Bible app. You should be able to start the audio.
This post is also available in: Português