You can use the search function like a concordance, to find all the verses that include a particular word, and from there you can review the list for a verse you may be looking for.
Searches are done on the server so you must be connected and signed-in to the app to use this function.
You can start a Search from two places: from the app’s main menu, or from a Bible page, just click on the search icon (magnifying glass)
- Type the word(s) you are searching for into the search bar, and click the magnifying glass.
- A list of “hits” (matching verses) will be displayed along with a breakdown of locations (see ADDITIONAL INFORMATION).
- Scroll down to review all “hits”, or scroll back up to the top to enter another word.
- Click on one of the “hits” on the list to open the Bible to that verse.
- You can search using one version, then tap on the Version button in the upper right to see the same verse in a different version.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND TIPS
- To the left of the hits you will see a total number of hits followed by a location breakdown.
- Bible, Reading Plan, Notes and Users. Use these to drill down to a specific area.
- If the word searched for is not used in your version (e.g. Thine is in KJV, not in ESV) you will get a “No Results” message.
You can search for multiple words and it will try to find that phrase or similar phrase.
This post is also available in: Português